Winter provided us with a wonderful crop of citrus. And here at Hurley Farms we have been busy making our bounty into delicious winter staples.
One such product that has become one our favorites is our lemon curd.
A Curd is a dessert that has been popular in England and the US since the 19th century. This spread or topping is usually made with citrus fruit and traditionally served with bread or scones at tea, or as an alternative to jam.
Curds have a soft creamy texture, and intense flavor. Traditionally and non-traditionally curds have a wide variety of uses. Spread curd over plain bread, toast, waffles, crumpets, or muffins. Use it as a topping for ice cream; add it to yogurt or cottage cheese for a tasty breakfast treat. Want a delicious dessert, use lemon curd as a filling for lemon meringue pie. Or use it as a topping for cheesecake. Curds also make great fillings for cakes, pastries, or tarts. We recommend using it for thumbprint cookies, which is one of our favorites.
We sell our curds in 10oz jars for 6.95 which come in the following flavors: Lemon, Key Lime, and Cranberry.
Thumbprint cookies using Hurley Farms Curds
1Tbsp grated lemon zest
3 1/4C flour
3/4Tsp baking soda
2C nuts or white chocolate chunks
1C Hurley Farms Lemon, Key Lime, or Cranberry Curd
- Preheat oven to 350F. Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl. Beat in eggs, lemon zest, and juice.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda until just combined. Stir in chocolate or nuts.
- Place heaping tablespoon sized balls onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. (Should be soft centers)
- Remove from oven and make thumbprint in the center. Fill with 1Tsp of jam.
- Let cool 5 minutes, transfer to wire oven rack. Enjoy!
Filed under: Uncategorized |